Monday, April 27, 2015

Columbus settling in

On 4/20 we drove to Columbus, Texas, to the rv park there. The woman let me check in with out paying, I said I would like to stay a  couple of nights to a couple of months. She is very opinionated. She don't like that my dogs are not fixed.  She has seven chickens and a male turkey. I like having them around, it reminds me of my animals that I got rid of. Some of her chickens look just like what mine did. I think she said she has 12 cats. She even has a cat house across from the office for them.  A lot of the people here are long term. Some men and family's here are working on the pipeline. I am going to post a sign for work, maybe I can make a little money while here.
I am close to everything. I have rode the bike out to walmart, down town, to the hardware store. I even found a farmers market, on Fridays from 4 to 7pm. I liked the farmers market. Stands of produce, Indian food, preserves, nuts and oranges, oils and soaps, bags and kitchen towels. My back pack and front bag on bike was full. I hauled boards home from the hardware store too. It is flat around here so it is all pedaling but not to bad. I am going to continue to explore this land. The Colorado River it close by and 10 and 90, I am right off of 71.  I have ordered some things off line like dog food and it will be delivered soon. I am hoping to sit put while Ella has pups and also get the front top corner worked on. The seam came apart.
Lots of storms around here. I don't have my awning out and glad I don't, because I probably wouldn't have it. The wind rocks you to sleep, sometimes you think you are on a boat. I have had some tree frogs using my rv for their home. Here I put the front window cover on and the tree frog likes to be under it and I can watch it from the inside, I watch it chirp, it sounds like a birds of some sort.  I don't mind being here, but sitting still is not easy for me, I have found. I get bored easy and need to ride the bike around to see what I can see or do. Playing with the dogs is a must, they wear out pretty fast, and I have found that after a hard playing I can leave them all in the rv and go away for a while and every thing is alright and in order.  Getting ready for puppies, any day now. Maybe four!

No comments:

Post a Comment